Born in the Congo, the CCAD presents itself as a circle of committed thought that aims to continue the philosophy of Cheikh Anta Diop.
The Centre Cheikh Anta Diop (CCAD) is an educational non-governmental organisation registered in Congo under N°013/015/MID/DGAT/DER/SAG .
The objectives of the CCAD are multiple and fall within various frameworks:
a) Educational framework
To promote the inclusion of Cheikh Anta Diop's thought in the teaching and national and national education programmes.
b) Cultural field
- Encourage cultural integration and rootedness.
- Enhance the value of African languages.
- Accompany and support endogenous knowledge by encouraging its inclusion in development policies.
c) Scientific and technical context
- Encourage originality in scientific production based on endogenous knowledge.
- Encourage technological integration and innovation.
- Promote the globalisation of knowledge according to the different cognitive fields.
- Encourage Africans to propose pragmatic solutions to the major problems of modernity.
- Support technical progress in Africa.
Currently, CCAD has six laboratories that work in synergy to support its various projects:
Laboratory of Bioethics ,
Laboratory of Computer Science, Technological Innovation and Sustainable Development
Laboratory of Negro Cultures,
Laboratory of Linguistics and African Languages,
Laboratory of Egyptology ,
Laboratory of Antropology and Human Development.